George Martin liked the game!

This is the right place to share your game experience and feelings! Feel Free!

Re: George Martin liked the game!

Postby Edmure » 11 April 2012, 12:24

I have genesis too... and its just a sad story... I think the cyanide guys should have stick together with the green ronin guys and make one big rts/rpg game.. That would have been soooo cool
Edmure

Postby JustMatt » 23 April 2012, 15:20

Genesis was the worst RTS I have ever played. It's a shame as I though it had so much potential. The game play was just atrocious though... (I was expecting a play style similar to Battle for Middle Earth).

I think I will take everything Martin has to say about games with a pinch of salt. However, I'm still looking forward to when this game is released :D
JustMatt

Postby Templar » 25 April 2012, 12:12

Well maybe George has poor taste in gameplay. Perhaps this game might suck there. We can't say right now but I think it's very certain that the game will at least have an enjoyable story if George has approved it. We'll see.
Templar

Postby andwhat? » 25 April 2012, 12:31

Templar wrote:Well maybe George has poor taste in gameplay. Perhaps this game might suck there. We can't say right now but I think it's very certain that the game will at least have an enjoyable story if George has approved it. We'll see.

I think the thing is what else can he say about the games? "It think there average/ rubbish!" he has to talk them up even if the game sucks. I'll wait for a review from a proper gaming company before choosing whether to get this...as i have mentioned now numerous times unsure about the combat element.
andwhat?

Postby Skjuludde » 26 April 2012, 10:46

andwhat? wrote:
Templar wrote:Well maybe George has poor taste in gameplay. Perhaps this game might suck there. We can't say right now but I think it's very certain that the game will at least have an enjoyable story if George has approved it. We'll see.

I think the thing is what else can he say about the games? "It think there average/ rubbish!" he has to talk them up even if the game sucks. I'll wait for a review from a proper gaming company before choosing whether to get this...as i have mentioned now numerous times unsure about the combat element.

May I applaud your attitude? There's a surprisingly low amount of people with it, actually.
Skjuludde

Postby DocRogers » 07 May 2012, 15:51

Just watched two of the trailers on Steam and I am even more excited now about this game. It looks better than I expected to be honest. I haven't seen much of anything that'd make me disagree with Martin. I think fans will be pleased with this project.
DocRogers

Postby Jalida » 08 May 2012, 22:09

I can't remember where i read it, but I do remember reading that Mr Martin dislikes video games overall.

My guess then is that since he's likely made another boat load of money through the video game it's changed his mind, or the stuff that I read about his saying he doesn't like video games was misquoted in some way or taken out of context. Although, one does have to wonder if his cut of the pie is raised by how well the game sells, in which case he'd be a stupid man indeed if he were to say he doesn't like the video game and cut off his own bread and butter.

Anyway, must be quite satisfying to have the author of the books that you based your game on enjoy your work, congratulations.
Jalida

Postby darkrounge » 13 May 2012, 13:28

This game is going to be amazing, as the books and T.V series was.
darkrounge

Postby Zak » 13 May 2012, 15:27

darkrounge wrote:This game is going to be amazing, as the books and T.V series is*.

fixed that for you
Zak

Postby Orneon » 13 May 2012, 19:44

Zak wrote:
darkrounge wrote:This game is going to be amazing, as the books and T.V series are*.

fixed that for you

Fixed again.
Orneon

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum