Pre-Order the game and get a free Weapon Pack!

Discussions about news published on the official website.

Pre-Order the game and get a free Weapon Pack!

Postby Freki » 16 May 2012, 13:04

Pre-orders for the RPG ‘Game of Thrones’ are now open for Europe, and give access to a free DLC: the Weapon Pack!

The Weapon Packs grants you access to exclusive weapons (swords, axes, hammers, shields, crossbows…) with unique characteristics and design. These rare weapons of prestigious origin are offered by an itinerant merchant found in Castleblack, King's Landing, and Riverspring. This is a unique opportunity to acquire mythic weapons such as the famous hammer of Robert Baratheon, Aerys 'the Mad' Targaryen's axe, and many others!

You wish to pre-order the game for PS3, Xbox 360 or PC (retail & digital), we invite you to visit the official online shop to discover the list of the retailers proposing this offer!

>> Pre-Order the PC digital version and get your free DLC. <<

>> Discover the list of retailers proposing the offer (PS3, Xbox 360, PC DVD) <<
GAME OF THRONES
Focus Team
Freki

Re: Pre-Order the game and get a free Weapon Pack!

Postby depepat » 17 May 2012, 06:45

I would love to pre-order the digital version from your online store, as you so loudly suggest, but sadly your online shop STILL prevents me from doing so because apparently I am in the wrong bit of the world - in my case, Australia, where I can't even buy a disc-based copy until 7 June.

I thought in these days of digital downloads that we had moved beyond this stupidly old fashioned game release behavior, and that worldwide simultaneous releases were now the norm, but apparently not.

Your manipulation of this game's release dates by showing favor to some countries over others on the basis of sweetheart publishing deals is doing your game a great disservice and will significantly affect it's sales prospects.
depepat

Postby pifrac » 20 May 2012, 18:06

Does pre-ordering from other digital distribution platforms, such as Steam, grant the access to the weapon pack free ?
pifrac

Postby Freki » 21 May 2012, 07:54

Hello,

There are 2 publishers (one for Norh America and one for Europe), that's why we don't have the same release date.

If you pre-order on Steam, you will have the Prima Guide and the Weapon Pack for free when they will be available.

Freki.
GAME OF THRONES
Focus Team
Freki

Postby Rhannon » 07 June 2012, 10:04

Hi Freki,

I'm sorry for my bad english.

When the bonus DLC (for xbox360) becomes available in Europe (Italy)?

Thanks.
Rhannon

Postby Freki » 07 June 2012, 12:46

Hi,

The DLC for preorder should be available around June 15th for XBox and PS3 :)
We are working on that !!

Thank you for your patience.
Freki.
GAME OF THRONES
Focus Team
Freki

Postby skidpro » 07 June 2012, 20:20

I got my pre order from shopto.net today BUT no free DLC weapon pack was enclosed??????

And GAME.co.uk are not offerring it on PC either?

Can you pleaqse let me have the DLC please?????
skidpro
skidpro

Postby Freki » 08 June 2012, 09:21

Hello skidpro,

You should have all information in your email confirmation. I don't have the list of sellers who propose the DLC but if it was not included, we can't offer it :)

Freki.
GAME OF THRONES
Focus Team
Freki

Postby skidpro » 08 June 2012, 10:28

Freki wrote:Hello skidpro,

You should have all information in your email confirmation. I don't have the list of sellers who propose the DLC but if it was not included, we can't offer it :)

Freki.

thats great...no DLC for UK, on GAME or any website for PC gamers......shame really......just the consoles get it?

Not a good day for PC gamers.....
skidpro
skidpro

Postby Tazmanius » 08 June 2012, 12:45

Love what I have seen of the game so far..and do hope you will make more in this series to mirror the books..
However,It must be said...

The marketing/release side of things is pretty horrendous...

First we have the delay between the US getting the game and then oursleves in Europe/UK..not only does this make us latters feel like second class customers,it's also bad from a marketing and sales point of view..as I am sure that many will have been put off by the many inaccurate reviews and negative publicity the game got in the States.

Secondly..the whole DLC fiasco..something all,or a lot of us at least,who pre-ordered were promised..I even pre-ordered my copy from Game in the UK on the strength that they were,at that time,offering the DLC weapons..and because I wanted a hard copy.Now it seems we have been let down and possibly mislead..by the Developers,Publishers and distributors...possibly a trading standards and legal issue?
TO recoup some goodwill..I suggest the likes of Freki..rather than come up with some sort of excuse..either gets on to their publishers in Europe..to get the situation sorted...or do something themselves as the games developers...like offering some sort of download access to the weapon dlc for all users...and possibly even go so far as to give out the next dlc for fee too.
Tazmanius

Next

Return to News